Aah, February! The time when snow is at its best in Switzerland and France, smooth and full of character! Too bad I'm not there riding it, but here in the library computer room, writing about it! No today is a good day, the sun is shining quite beautifully and the sky is blue without a single shade of cloud as far as I can see! It's rare not to have to wear a coat on at this time of year, but I am walking with only a hoodie (that's a jumper with a hood for those of you who are learning english) and my cool sunglasses which do not look in the least pretentious! My cd player is bust so I can't listen to the array of great music I have at my disposal: Verdi, Tchaikovskij, Village People, Phatfish... I have been listening to an album recently which is really quite fantastic. It's an EP, so just a short demo with four tracks on it, but the quality of the songs is just astounding. They are all acoustic songs with lovely harmonies and lyrics, really pretty, poured out of the heart of a twenty year-old young lady! I can take personal pride in plugging this album even though unauthorised to do so by the author, as the word intends to indicate, but I advise you all to get a copy of it. It is entitled: "Imperfect and raw, but myself" and the artist is a certain Jeanne Ruegg. She is my sister and therefore you might say I am biased in my critique of her album, and you may be right! BUT, everutime I have had people over and made them listen to it their feedback has been very positive, so I think I can definitely say that this album is a beautiful cooking pot of passion and poetry, no kidding!
I gotago to a lecture now, but if you happen to meet Jeanne, ask her about her cd, and please don't make her use up all her cds, she's been too generous up until now!! Ciao!
Monday, February 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment