So, to start with posting my little creations, I think I should post the old stuff I have not really done anything about until now.
This first poem was actually the ideas I threw on paper to write a proper nice and big poem, then I forgot about it, and came across it in some bunch of papers a while back, looked at it and thought it actually looked great like that, no need to change it, the moment had gone, but it was still very nice:
February 2004
A Ray of Sun cuts my page
Today the Sky is free
Winter blossom amongst the dead
An Arrow shoots across the sky,
piercing target through target,
gaining momentum rather than relenting
marking its way like a pen marks its path
across the full emptiness of this deep,
until it reaches the edge of the firmament
and dissapears in this endless world above us...
There it is, I like it, it just describes the way I interpreted with my imagination what I saw that day. That arrow was just a plane, but I could see it with my child's eye and I loved it that way.
Since end December I've gotten through a whole notebook of random stuff I've written, and more than half a notebook of my Canterbury Tale. I have also started on a new one, AND have started using the guitar tab notebook my mum got me a while back to write music into. I used to count the things I write, now I don't anymore and that's great, because it shows me I am completely into it, still not as much as I would like and still not as good as I would like, but getting there (need to read more for that one). Keeping a blog is being creative too, I don't know if you've tried, but it really spurs me on to write more and if you look at some of the stuff I have written in here you'll see what I mean. This is post number 23, contrary to what my user stats say about me! I would like to try and link my long writings to the blog for people to read them and feed back on them, that'd be very cool.
I still have things on my january list of things to write which I have not written, which is frustrating at times, because I start thinking about them and get ideas which then just get blown in the wind when I get distracted from them!... This should be a month of writing, if I can get some time on my own... Hopefully my stupid computer at home will respond to Blogger... before it crashes.
I guess what I want to do is encourage people to use their gifts. Some of the youth I work with have such a low self-esteem, because that's way they are told they should have, at school, from their teachers, schoolmates and their parents too! They do not realise they have great gifting some times. I did not either, I have been lied to and had forgotten that I used to write as a child, I only snapped out of that recently. I want to encourage my youth to do things they like, but they also need to know what there is to do out there, that's why next term I want the Christian Performing Arts Society from University to come down to our meeting and do some hip-hop dancing, some gospel choir and whatever else they do in order to inspire the youth as to what they would like to do.
I have rambled on for long enough, peace out, follow your hearts.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally agree with you, about the self-esteeme people have... I actually have a low one, and sometimes I realise how wrong is this, because I know that I'm capable of great things...and even when (for example) I cant draw exactly what I want, at the end it turns out to smtg else really cool! (actualy its rare for me to draw smtg exactly as I want, but I think thats more creative, because I "play" with my imaginations and capabilities) hm hmmmm...
neway, I think that people with self-esteeme should focus on the things they achieve..and they will find a lot of things..(as I do sometimes)
oh... its weird,i dont know you...but really like ur blog and jeannes..(and i dont think u r weird)
xxx
Procrastination is half of writing - you need time to let your ideas grow in your mind. They'll be great when you come to write them down.
In Christ,
Steve.
Post a Comment